Wednesday, February 20, 2008

US Government Scaling Back Nuclear Weapons

According to the National Nuclear Security Administration's website, the agency is streamlining its office complex to more efficiently dismantle existing nuclear weapons.  Apparently President Bush has a vision of the "smallest stockpile consistent with our national security needs."  At least we're trying to scale back, if not cut them out altogether.  Link at: http://www.nnsa.doe.gov/complextransformation.htm
 
Got me thinking - what would it take for us to NOT need nuclear weapons?  There are some, I'm sure, who'd say we already don't need them and never needed them.  Some would say we need more.  Do we need more military arms, service men and women, etc.?  If I had the time to research it, I'd tell you that John McCain thinks we do and that Obama and Clinton think we don't, but I am not sure. 
 
 
 
 

No comments: